Nothing is more exciting than seeing your brand new home coming together from the ground up. The excitement of picking carpets and blinds, not to mention the kitchen and bathroom make the attraction of a new build property almost irresistible.
Instructing the team at Bennett Oakley Solicitors will ensure the legal process required for building your new home runs smoothly and efficiently.
What are the differences between buying a new build and buying an existing property?
When you buy a new build you often begin by buying a plot of land that a developer plans to build a house on rather than a pre-existing house. Therefore, your lawyer must ensure they check that:
- Planning permission has been granted and any conditions of that permission are being followed by the developer.
- There is a structural guarantee, this means you will be compensated if a fault is later found in the building.
- All necessary easements on the property have been documented including right of ways, drainage and sewage.
- An agreement has been made between the developer and the local council which ensures the estates roads are the responsibility of the developer until the time the local authority takes over maintenance.
- The property is covered by new build insurance.
- The proper building regulations were obtained by the developer and the building is being built to the correct standard using proper materials and procedures.
These additional checks are on top of the normal conveyancing searches carried out for the purpose of purchasing a property.
How can we help?
We understand that the conveyancing procedure regarding new builds can often be subject to strict time limits. In order to help you move into your new home with as little stress as possible we will offer you full advice on warranties, insurances, and planning and building regulations. You will be kept fully informed throughout the process; we will also provide a direct contact number and email address of the lawyer dealing with your matter so you can contact them at any time to see how the process is progressing.
Contact us today by filling in this contact form or phone us on 01444 235 232. We look forward to helping you into your brand new home.