Matthew is an experienced commercial property solicitor and is head of the commercial property department at Bennett Oakley.
Matthew previously worked in the City at a leading global law firm and as in-house counsel for a multi-billion (GBP) investment fund on its central London real estate assets.
Matthew advises corporate clients, individual investors, funds, banks and non-bank lenders in all aspects of commercial property.
Key Practice Areas
- Strategic land/investment acquisitions and disposals
- Strategic portfolio investment and asset management advice across a range of asset classes (including office, retail, industrial, residential and hotel/leisure.)
- Commercial lettings
- Development matters
- Advised UK listed companies, German, US and other international businesses on their central London office leasing requirements.
- Acted for a leading European real estate investment and asset manager on a UK portfolio of retail and industrial parks.
- Advised an international bank on its joint venture and asset management arrangements with a leading UK developer.
- Acted for an international retailer on their acquisition of a portfolio of central London retail units (as part of a wider corporate acquisition of a UK business).
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales