Michaela is an approachable lawyer who is committed to maintaining integrity, quality and professionalism at every stage of the process.
Michaela has worked in Family Law since 2008, has represented clients since 2009 and qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive (FCILEx) in 2013.
Areas of expertise:
- Divorce and civil partnership dissolution
- Financial matters associated with divorce and civil partnership dissolution
- Financial Consent Orders
- Support through mediation
- Unmarried family breakdown, including property disputes
- Children (Private Law), including with whom a child is to live, with whom a child will spend time, Child Arrangements Orders, prohibited steps and specific issue orders, removal from jurisdiction and child abduction
- Domestic abuse including non-molestation orders and occupation orders
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Separation Agreements
Michaela believes strongly in setting and managing expectations from the outset and providing clients with clarity, relatable advice and a thorough understanding of the situation at hand.
Michaela values the reality that each case is different, and that clients have different priorities and issues that are important to them, which may change over the course of dealing with matters. Michaela will tailor advice to the specifics and make sure that clients are informed about all the options available before making decisions about what best fits their situation. Knowledge is power (Sir Francis Bacon).
Michaela is a member of Resolution meaning she upholds the Resolution Code of Practice which promotes an honest, constructive and objective approach to family law issues. She is also a member of the Resolution West Sussex Regional Committee.
Outside of work, Michaela is PTA Vice Chair and Treasurer at the school her two daughters attend. She is a Trustee at the church she is part of in Horsham and co-leads its Creative Team. She plays and writes music, and enjoys reading, writing, looking after her cats, spending time with her family and going to the gym.
"the initial consultation was so helpful, I feel so much more at peace with the situation than I did before."